Sunday, December 02, 2007

Thoughts on money

Had a debate once about you can't take it with you with an older person, said why not spend it while you can and have a good time and she made the point that bequeathing it is more important on down the line so I got to thinking let's put this into practice,

the children have been left their fortune by Mom and Dad, sharing the same guiding philosophy as they did they hardly spend it either so they grow old and make out their will and the succeeding generation does the same thing and so on for 5 generations but it just sits there, meanwhile Iran now has the nukes and Putin's successors have teamed up with China and they're threatening the West so yes, it IS important to have a nice nest egg,

"the money's there, don't worry but you can't touch it"
"why is it there?"
"I really don't know but it's important that it's there and it stays there"
"Can I take some out?"
"Of course but just a little bit at a time"
"Is that a mushroom cloud I see?"

4 comments:

  1. My will would stipulate

    "for spending purposes only"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a very good point here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think about it, the money never really gets spent.

    When I go, if they don't spend it I'm coming back as a ghost,

    "look, I couldn't spend it all, have a good time. Don't spend it all in the same place but knock yourself out."

    I am endlessly fascinated by how the human thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you believe that the Lord will provide, then you should never stress out about saving enough money to last you till the end, right?

    ReplyDelete