Friday, February 01, 2008

Why I'm not your typical conservative right-wing Republican

First off I'm registered as an Independent not as a Republican. Although my bedrock philosophy is one of conservatism in every old-fashioned sense of the term, no globaloney, I am of the mind that the retirement age should actually be lowered instead of raised, let's say 55. Not gonna happen and all you economic conservatives out there will scold me for wanting to bust the national piggy bank and they're probably right but it's an ideal, it's what I feel in my heart. You've devoted say 20 or 25 years of your life to pure hardcore work, that should be enough and have a nice life. As well I feel if you as a conservative are really serious about doing something about the illegals either deport 'em all or regularize most of them, don't just talk about building a bigger and better fence. I've already made my position known. In theory anyway I am not against the idea of labor unions although I know there are drawbacks which cons like Linda Chavez and George Will are only too happy to point out. I am not just for lowering taxes, that's easy talk, but am for eliminating the income tax entirely and replacing it with a national sales tax. I'm not a dove but I'm not a hawk either. I am a conservative with an independent mind and God bless and have a nice day.

7 comments:

  1. It's true that you can get alot of satisfaction and fulfillment from many jobs but as a Christian I haven't lost sight of the Biblical angle of at least seeing some of work as a consequence of the Original Sin. Enjoy work too much and you stymie God and His punishing ways ("what am I gonna have to do, send 'em all on vacation?"). All work and no play makes a conservative Republican a dull boy. I've already covered their Sarko obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. signing off for today, I'm all blogged out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, you had a three day blogging binge, man, no wonder you are all blogged out. Heck I needed to catch up on some commentary that I missed earlier in the week tonight.

    You are indeed not the typical conservative right wing Republican, but I like you just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured you would be.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't get it, I go to the closest library after work today, yes Sunday and it's a gorgeous global-warming day today, and all the computers are booked so I head on over to another, bigger one and the parking lot is jam-packed. Are there strippers at my local library?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dunno, maybe they were all getting their online bets for the Super Bowl game in.

    ReplyDelete