Saturday, January 24, 2009

The next chapter in defining deviancy down

Kate Winslet plays a former SS guard who has as her lover a 15-year old boy in The Reader and the reviews are just fabulous. Movie critics are a weird lot anyway but folks statutory rape is the next to go. Ms. Winslet is nude on numerous occasions so you got yourselves a hit right off the bat. Showing married conjugals in the movies must be the new perversion.

Went to Piermont in Rockland County NY the other day with my friend, quaint town with a nice peninsula where you can walk right out to the Hudson River. He said this is the perfect place to cure you of what he called a weird depression usually brought on by work. He explained to me what crabbing means. Ever watch a bucketful of crabs and one's trying to climb to the top and escape? seems the other crabs pull him down, alot like the workplace. So how do some people get the weekends off? hey buddy does it taste like chicken?

There's a strange traffic pattern in my very residential neighborhood. Theoretically there shouldn't be that much traffic at all, all it is is just a bunch of side roads nobody should be interested in but there's a heavy flow of cars nonetheless especially it seems when I'm trying to back into a space at the end of the day which leads me to believe there's either a drug dealer or a 'ho in the neighborhood OR both.

Had a $20 plate of sea scallops the other day and they were rubbery and chewy which usually happens to your scallop when you overcook it. Where is Gordon Ramsay when you need him?

5 comments:

  1. One of these days Gordon Ramsey will show up and make your day!

    (P.S. You need a new job)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that diner where I had the overpriced overcooked scallops I should've known something was wrong when my friend and I went in the main dining area at around noon and it was practically empty. His show "Kitchen Nightmares" should never run out of fresh episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piermont? Hafta confess, us open space folks get a little uptight around the Big Apple; We visited in '06..daughter and son-in-law were Chem profs up at West Point, they lived in New Windsor. Place was too crowded for me, and it turned out for the kids too. They moved back out this way, working at the Hanford nuclear site. Must be one of those things where one is most comfortable where they grow up. But I gotta admit, NY has some good places to eat..even if the accent is odd. :) ..and I sort of think a New Yorker would hate the lonliness out this way, to say nothing of our cafes..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to deliver wholesale flowers in the New Windsor area of Orange County, lot of colonial historical sites. Right close to Newburgh but I think I'll skip the Newburgh Mall thank you. All those wide-open spaces out West, don't serial killers move out there? lots of room to bury people. When a serial killer takes a few days off and comes back to work what do people say to him to make small talk? "so how was your 3 day killing spree?" Anyways Piermont is like something out of a timewarp and Woody Allen filmed his "Purple Rose of Cairo" there, it's a tonic for the soul. How often do you have twisters down there BB?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "but I think I'll skip the Newburgh Mall thank you"

    BIGOT!!!

    ReplyDelete