Monday, January 11, 2010

Conan has a right to be pissed

Why can't HE just retire or something? I remember I worked in a civil-service job once and one by one the older workers would begin to retire, they'd throw retirement parties for them and sure enough they'd all come back one by one on a part-time basis, get in the way, use the computer you wanted to use etc. So I was the bad guy when I kinda made some comments about this but I never fit in there anyway...Conan has every right, he uprooted his family after all and moved them all to the Left Coast, time for his day in the sun. Now I like Leno alot but c'mon dude, let's go gracefully but a part of me can't help entertaining a little conspiracy theory: all this happened after Glenn Beck appeared on his show recently (hmmmmmm). So move Jay to 11:35 his old time slot for what? a 1/2 hour monologue and throw the whole early morning scene into chaos? I'd give him an Asswipe Award actually, people aren't happy with his asswipery. Guy's got a collection of classic cars and old bikes, tinker with them the way my retired Dad putters around the house.

BTW The Simpsons have been on for 20 years. Back in the day you had shows like The Odd Couple and it surprised me to learn a few weeks back that that show hung it up after only five years and while they had some great episodes maybe they figured they mined all the humor they could. Retire Homer (& SNL for that matter). Get the Food Network back on, Bobby Flay can rock a kitchen. Ah the White House Executive Chef position, what a thing to have on your resume!! I'd bet Bill Clinton was real easy to cook for -- "just a cheeseburger and a hot dog with some fries and a cold one and I'm good."

8 comments:

  1. Conan should go to a cable network. He's too funny for the regular network.

    Flay makes some good eat but I'm more of a Rachel Ray kinda guy. When I'm hungry, I want to eat. I don't want to spend 3 days in the kitchen eating some shit that doesn't taste that good and it's only because you made it. Ya know what I'm sayin'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Jacques Pepin food where presentation is the key, not for me. Battle of the Iron Chefs, they made things I have no clue about, put a cornish hen on a plate or something and make it look artistic. Ever have a cornish hen? I'd have to eat at least five of them to fill me up.

    So my mother goes about the Conan/Leno thing "why is it important?" It's not but I have an opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's important because there was a time when contracts were upheld and actually meant something. Of course with the government shredding existing bankruptcy law and screwing creditors in the process on the auto bailout thing, you can't very well expect anyone else to honor a contract now can you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. & they even gave Leno five years advance notice that they were getting rid of him. I like the monologue, it's them skits that have to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Conan but I have to say I wish he'd bring back Andy Richter as his side kick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. better than Kevin Eubanks that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't mind Eubank but he's not the sidekick, he's the music dude just as Max Weinberg is Conan's music dude. To be certain though, the both of the them are better than that god awful Paul Schaefer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eubanks is kind of a part-time sidekick, Ed McMahon put to music. Agreed on Paul Schaefer.

    ReplyDelete