Thursday, June 27, 2024

The one thing I don't like about Google is you have no privacy

The other thing I don't like about Google is you have no privacy.  Say you want to post a video from YouTube on a blog or forum your whole video feed comes up but maybe you don't want people seeing you have a recommended video for natural home remedies for hemorrhoids.   I suppose you could go incognito but I don't trust that.  The other day I went to an Urgent Care center for a UTI.  Couple days later I get a link in my email to give a review but I'd be posting publicly under my real name instead of say something like Cyclops 78.  I chose not to post a review as it would then be a matter of the public record I had a UTI.  Google also won't let me create my own lexicon and make up my own words.  Also on more than one occasion it has ruined a text message to a friend with its spelling authoritarianism and now ai influence.  The list goes on.......

Other than that I think it's great;)

14 comments:

  1. Bad for custstomer, good for them. As Al Smith used to say, "Let's look at the data" -in ten years Googles capitalized value went from $306 Billion up to $2.3 Trillion. [the 2 largest corporations in the US total a value of 16.3 Trillion: half the National Debt!] Based loosely on the book "Throwing Rocks At The Google Bus- How Growth Became The Enemy" their income is
    48% Data Mining
    48% Advertisements
    4% Customer Service
    To quote Forrest Gump, that's all I'm gonna say about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except for the typo - should be 7 largest corporations.
      (Google made me do it

      Delete
  2. At this stage of the game it's hard to say Google is not a monopoly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another thing about Google is you go to delete parts of your search history and it comes up again the next day. You delete it the following day and it comes up yet again until finally one day it's gone for good but even then it might be in a cloud somewhere. You delete it and it's deleted but not deleted. Is this a quantum question?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go to the doctor for some issue. They take care of it and few days later in your email you get an invite to talk about your experience. You think you'll post under Funkenstein but you'll be posting publicly across all platforms as yourself.

    Frank from Hoboken: "I went in for crabs and the wait time was ludicrous."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worked with a woman out here. She had a Dr. appointment. Checked in and they put her in an exam room. "Doctor will be in soon". He wasn't she sat there in the exam room until the lights went out and she heard the door slam. Her review - You SOBs left me alone and went home. My dog gets better service at the vel. You can take your bill and put it where the sun don't shine. Oh, the one magazine in the exam room was way out of date. Thanks for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably having sex with a nurse in the janitors closet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Google E-Mail keeps sending me cruise line ads. Adults Only - sounds
    tantalizingly salacious. Not to worry, I don't go far with prostate problems, unless I haul a port-a-potty on a leash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paul (Brando) in "Last Tango In Paris": "I have a prostate the size of an Idaho potato but I'm still a good stick man."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yahoo email keeps sending me ads for Jacuzzi Remodel. All I got is a bathtub that I use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GMail just sent me a link that was all in Chinese. I don't need a sampan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get those too. I don't trust it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Harley -Davidson cycles, cruises to Antarctica, new windows, and MBA
    degrees by mail. Who does Google think I am?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get endless solicitations for loans. You need a loan to pay off the loan.

    ReplyDelete